Employees from Zeeland are hard workers: over the last few years the increase in Zeeland´s gross regional product exceeded the gross regional product in the rest of the Netherlands by over ten percent. In addition, as a result of its diverse economy Zeeland´s unemployment rate is relatively the lowest in the entire Netherlands; the province has many strong sectors. No whining but working; that is our motto.
The Labour Market in Figures:
- Workforce: 172,000
- Incoming commuters from neighbouring regions: 13,000
- Outgoing commuters to neighbouring regions: 29,000
- 26% of the population is highly qualified
- Largest sectors based on the number of jobs:
1. care/welfare (15.9%)
2. industry (13.6%)
3. retail (11.1%)
4. business services (9.3%)
1. Senior secondary vocational education via Scalda: roughly 10,000 students
2. Higher professional education via HZ University of Applied Sciences: roughly 5,000 students
3. University education via University College Roosevelt: roughly 600 students
In need of tailored advice on the labour market in your line of business? The Invest in Zeeland advisers are at your service, free of obligations and free of charge.