Are you looking for ways to finance your company? If so, it would be wise to check which funding and guidance you qualify for! Invest in Zeeland is willing to help you in your search if you are planning to establish your business in Zeeland or if you are already located here and want to expand your business in Zeeland in a new location or with a new activity. In fact, Invest in Zeeland can introduce you to the appropriate financial institutions or other relevant parties.
In Zeeland there is a wide selection of funding programs you can benefit from, ranging from regional to national and European options. In Zeeland, expertise in the field of schemes directed at the Zeeland region is embedded in the regional development company NV Economisch Impuls Zeeland (Impuls), of which Invest in Zeeland is also a part. Impuls also has a specialist department that deals with the financing mediation between entrepreneurs and potential financiers. Plus, it also provides support in underpinning your plans.
Regional funding programs and options
- Dockwize supports innovative entrepreneurs or startups with financing, guidance, network and accomodation.
- InnoGo ! focuses on innovative entrepreneurs in Zeeland aimed at starters and SMEs with a new product or process. InnoGo! grants personal loans up to a maximum of 50,000 euros.
- Zeeuws Participatie Fonds/ Zeeland Participation Fund provides high-risk capital and focuses on (re) starting innovative entrepreneurs who can generate an economic spin-off for Zeeland. Through the ZPF, entrepreneurs can qualify for (start-up) capital in the form of participation in the share capital, both with a maximum of 150,000 euros per company.
- Zeeland Financial Matching is intended for innovative, starting and growing entrepreneurs and SME entrepreneurs who want to renew their product, service, technology or business and manufacturing processes. Via ZFM, 50% of the invoice for financial assistance can be reimbursed up to a maximum of 2,500 euros.
- Zeeuws Investeringsfonds/ Zeeland Investment Fund invests in young companies that have developed a new product, process or service that has recently been launched or will be launched on the market within the next two years. The financial investment per share is roughly 200,000 and 1 million euros.
- ZIGZAG Foundation supports initiatives that can lead to projects that make a real contribution to the socio-economic development of the Zeeland region and of sub-regions in Zeeland. The maximum amount awarded to a given project is 7,500 euros for an individual application.
National and European funding options
- Interreg Crossroads aims to promote sustainable cross-border cooperation on promising innovation projects between SME companies in Flanders and the Southern Netherlands (Zeeland, North Brabant and Limburg). A 45% funding with a maximum support of 135,000 euros is provided for innovation projects and 50% funding with a maximum amount of 10,000 euros is granted for feasibility studies.
- MIT-ZUID focuses on stimulating innovation in SMEs through advice, feasibility studies and collaborative projects in the field of Research & Development. A total of around EUR 10.9 million is made available to the MIT-South program.
- OP-ZUID is a European subsidy program for the provinces of Zeeland, Limburg and North Brabant. Spearheads are innovation promotion and the transition to a low-carbon economy. The program focuses especially on innovative SMEs as well as strengthening cooperation between businesses, knowledge institutes and governments.
- Interreg VA 2 Seas aims to develop an innovative, knowledge-based and research-based, sustainable and inclusive 2 Seas area, where natural resources are protected and the green economy is promoted. To achieve this, projects that make a direct contribution to one of the specific objectives can be co-financed for up to 60% of their total budget.
- Horizon 2020 is the European Commission's program for stimulating European research and innovation. The total budget for the period 2014-2020 is around 80 billion euros.
National funding options
Apart from all the above-mentioned funding options that are specific to this region, there are numerous other possibilities that can be used throughout the Netherlands. Examples are:
- Bank loans
- Private investors
Apart from these, you can make use of the various tax advantages and subsidy options in the Netherlands (link to Incentives & Taxes page).
For more information on the possibilities for financing your business in Zeeland, please contact us. It should be noted that all Invest services in Zeeland are non-binding, free of charge and confidential.