Incentives & taxes
Incentives and taxes can make a significant contribution to the financing of your business. Fortunately, both the Netherlands and Europe offer a wide range of very favorable subsidy and tax measures. Indeed, there are so many possibilities that entrepreneurs sometimes end up thoroughly confused. Invest in Zeeland will gladly guide you through the various funding possibilities for your company.
The Dutch tax system has a number of attractive features for international entrepreneurs. Read more about the competitive fiscal environment in the Netherlands.
Incentives and taxes are broadly divided into three categories:
- Sector-specific subsidies;
- Subsidy schemes aimed at certain objectives such as achieving climate objectives and promoting innovation or export;
- Subsidy schemes aimed at the various stages of a company in its development, ranging from financing for starters to corporate growth, corporate acquisition and international business.
Below is a list of measures businesses generally find most favorable. The Netherlands actively promotes R & D activities and sustainability. We recommend that you consult an expert to help you take full advantage of all the possibilities that may apply to your business. This will save you a lot of time and is profitable. Invest in Zeeland can offer you all the necessary support and its services are free of charge and confidential!
The Netherlands actively promotes engaging in Research and Development activities through a favorable corporate tax system and specific R&D tax incentives. Various measures significantly lower company R&D costs and taxable base: Read more about the different measures
he Netherlands also actively encourages companies to invest in sustainable energy and environmentally friendly and energy-efficient technologies. For example through:
- Stimulation Sustainable Energy Production (SDE +): to be used by companies and (non-profit) institutions that produce renewable energy. Producers receive financial compensation for the renewable energy they generate.
- MIA / VAMIL: Entrepreneurs willing to invest under favorable tax conditions in environmentally friendly technologies can benefit from an investment deduction that may amount to 36% of the investment amount. With the VAMIL 75% of the investment costs are tax deductible.
- Energy Investment Allowance (EIA): Entrepreneurs who invest in energy-efficient technologies and renewable energy are eligible for the EIA. This scheme gives you an average benefit of 13.5%. Energy-efficient investments also ensure a lower energy bill.
Invest in Zeeland has a large network both in the region and beyond, such as the Invest in Holland network, the Netherlands Foreign Investment Agency (NFIA, a part of the Ministry of Economic Affairs), the regional development company NV Economic Impulse Zeeland (Impuls), Rural and regional authorities and subsidy advisors. This means we are always up to date with the latest developments and communication lines with the proper parties are easily and quickly laid.
Should you be interested, please contact us. All Invest in Zeeland services are nonbinding, free and confidential.