Dutch seaports are the preferred North Sea manufacturing, assembly, and service sites, due to the country’s central location in Europe and its superb transport system meeting the needs of the supply
chain. The ports of Zeeland are the third main port of the Netherlands. They have direct access to the sea, have limited tidal fluctuations, and no nautical obstacles. The Zeeland ports focus on value added logistics.
The ports and industrial areas of Vlissingen and the Canal Zone in Zeeuws-Vlaanderen, between Terneuzen and Ghent, are the driving force behind the economy of Zeeland. To keep it that way we’re working to continuously improve the efficiency and growth of the logistics sector. Besides that businesses, governments and knowledge institutions in Zeeland join forces to make strong sectors even stronger and more sustainable. That is what we call the Biobased Economy.
Why invest in the third main port of the Netherlands?
The ports of Zeeland Seaports in Vlissingen and Terneuzen are, after those of Rotterdam and Amsterdam, the third largest port of the Netherlands.
- The ports of Zeeland Seaports have specialised terminals for dry bulk, liquid bulk, RoRo, containers, breakbulk and food. More than 70% of the transshipment is bulk;
- The ports harbour one of Europe´s main fruit terminals;
- The ports are the largest port in Europe concerning offshore windindustry;
- The ports offer good possibilities for offshore and industry. For example, there is an international chemical-logistic cluster with major players in the processing industry, such as Dow Benelux, Yara and Arkema;
- Zeeland is an multimodal hub with a deep connection to open sea and excellent hinterland connections by road, rail, pipelines and (inland)waterways;
- The ports of Zeeland are strategically located between the international main ports of Rotterdam and Antwerp;
- Zeeland offers value for money: the costs during a call at a port in Zeeland are relatively low compared to those in other seaports in the region.
More information: www.zeelandseaports.com
In addition to the main ports of Vlissingen and Terneuzen, Zeeland has many inland ports with potential for new companies to set up their business.
The ones with most potential are:
- Vluchthaven Bruinisse
- Service Harbour Kats
- Schore / Hansweert