- Concentrated in Channel Zone (Kanaalzone) in Zeeuws-Vlaanderen (Terneuzen);
- Important international players: DOW Benelux, ICL-IP, Eastman, Yara, Total (Zeeland Refinery), Arkema;
- Recent investment of Musim Mas (€ 30 million);
- Location Maintenance Valuepark offers approx. 80 ha, with possibilities of co-siting, next to the Biopark Terneuzen (promotes and facilitates the exploitation of key synergies between businesses located in the same geographic area);
- Strenghtening and greening the sector through cooperation within the Biobased Delta and Smart Delta Resources.
Zeeland has one of the largest chemical cluster in Northwest Europe. In the canal between Ghent and Terneuzen a large number of chemical companies are established here. Global players such as Dow Chemical, Yara and Arkema.
The Dutch chemical industry employs about 44,000 people. The entire industrial sector in Zeeland employs nearly 25,000 people, many in the chemical industry. The ports of Zeeland and chemistry cluster has a big impact on the economy of the province. Thanks to the presence of the chemical cluster, Zeeland was the only province with economic growth in 2012.
Did you know...
- The largest production facility of DOW Chemical outside the US is established in Zeeland?
- Manufacurers of NAFTA and LPG derivatives like ethylene, propylene, butadiene and benzene are available in Zeeland?
- The availability in Zeeland of specialy and performance chemicals like resins, polyolefins, aldehydes and bromine.
- Polyethylene, polyurethane, polystyrene and latex is produced in Zeeland?
- Petrochemicals; crude oil, LPG, LNG, gasoline, kerosene, diesel, fuel oil, solvents are available in Zeeland?
- And other; Chlorine, ethylbenzeenh, Phosgene, toluene, sulfur, hydrochloric?
- Zeeland offers exclusive opportunities for industrial symbioses through Smart Delta Resources
- The possibility in Zeeland of connecting industries in the Terneuzen region through one piping network; Multi Utility Provider.
- Zeeland is a leading region in the Biobased Economy. There are a lot of synergies with Agrifood companies like Cargill and Lamb Weston Meijer